Last week we had the pleasure of joining extended family for a beach trip. I really was not sure if we were gonna have much fun on our first beach trip with two children, but it was so much fun! We really only wore swimsuits and pj’s...I mean, that is just heaven!
I start to have travel anxiety when it is time for us to go on a trip, so I make so many lists to keep everything straight in my head. Lists of what I need to do before, what we need to pack for each person, what baby gear we will need, what we need for travel, and what I need to buy when we get there.
Here is my packing list for beach fun:
- Shade- Either buy an umbrella or rent one where you are staying.
- Snacks and Water- We buy prepackaged snacks and use these water bottles.
- Cover ups (especially for mom-this helps me to feel comfortable chasing around littles)
- Hats (baby, little girl, mom, dad)
- Puddle Jumper-We actually only used this at the pool.
- Sand Toys
- Muslin Blankets for nursing covers--So much better than a thick nursing cover
- Rash Guard Baby Swim Suit
- Swim Diapers
- Ziploc bag for phone
- Laundry Detergent
- Extra Pj’s (we just changed the kids into pj’s for rest time)
- Toys (We took a basket full of baby rattles and toys, but only this and this for the 4 year old)
- Cup/bag for collecting sea shells
- Stroller or other place baby can safely nap (We took our stroller and it worked great!)
- Extra Activities (Kite, bubbles, Beach Ball, etc…)
I think the most important thing to take on vacation, though, is yourself. BE PRESENT. ENJOY your family. Enjoy spending time together without the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Packing all of the ‘right’ things will mean nothing if you aren’t present and attentive to your family.